initialisation parameters

From: <mkolapalli_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 07:13:34 GMT

Hi I installed Oracal server 8.0.4 on my windows NT PC.I am a newbie at oracle.i am trying to leran oracle.IS a new instance started during installation? is a sample datbase created after installation? I am trying to start oracle instance thru Instance manager and i couldn't start database.It asks me the initialization paramet file and i am pointing to initORC1.ora and it says that the parameters are not correct.First i was able to start it but now i can't.Why is that? did i mess anything? also how can i see all the tables and data in the sample database graphically? please help me on this.u can also mail me at mkolapalli_at_hotmail.com

thanks in advance
Murali