Re: Database Recovery

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:37:49 -0500

There is not.

It is safe to use your own workstation as server if possible. It is almost safe to use a server containing only development instances (set up a separate testing instance there).

But stay away from production servers and instances, although oracle is quite stable and very resiliant, just see what happens if you start an instance with the wrong oracle_home and you will know why you should stay away from instances that matter.

Oh by the way pratice is very important. You must test your scenarios, but use extreme caution (measure twice cut once).

--
Gerry Sinkiewicz
sinkiege_at_snet.net Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 17:37:49 CST