Re: TableSpace Storage Parameters?

From: Oracleguru, Suresh Bhat <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:09:05 GMT

Hi!

I would also set the pctincrease to 1 for all tablspaces ( not the tables ) except Oracle created tablespaces such as SYSTEM, RBS, TOOLS etc.

If the tablespace is already created use:

alter tablespace tablespace_name default storage ( pctincrease 1 );

What this does is sets the pctincrease for tablespaces to other than 0, in which case the Oracle background process SMON, COALESCEs the contiguous free space autoamtically every time it wakes up which is about every couple of minutes or so.

oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oraclguru_at_mailcity.com

Gin, Jeannine (EXCHANGE:QUAL:7S02) <jgin_at_americasm01.nt.com> wrote in article <36B8AAF6.110CEC13_at_americasm01.nt.com>...