Re: SQL*Net Distribution

From: Rex <nebacar_nospam_at_eunet.yu>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:29:36 +0100

--
Please remove nospam from my address to reply.  nebacar_at_eunet.yu

nieuws net wrote in message <78rv95$qi9$1_at_koza.nl.net>...
|or you centralize these files on the fileserver
|next you update the registry key TNS_ADMIN who points
|to those files on the server.

I think this is a right way, but little notice: if you want instal e.g. Enterprise manager and Developer 2000 or other Oracle products (e.g. Discover 2000) I suggest install all in one Oracle Homes directory on fileserver. If you didn't do this whenever you switch between one and other products you wait for switch between two Oracle Homes (restore icons etc.). It can be dispute.

I think the best way is:
1. From one PC mapping network drive from NT server where you want be Oracle Homes. E.g. Drive D: on Server mapping as O: 2. Install all you need in this Oracle Homes (Enterprise mgr, Developer 2000, Discover 2000,...)
When you shure that all function properly on this PC, continue 3. From PC's registry export branch ORACLE in file.( The best put file on server disk D:)

4. From all PC mapping network drive on same Way as on 1.
5. On all PC's registry import branch ORACLE
6. From Oracle Installer choose Option restore icons on all

Maybe is exsist way do it from one PC (or server) especialy 4,5,6 but I don't know. If somebody tell me beter way I'll be happy. Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 01:29:36 CST