Re: database link

From: mskoblar <mskoblar_at_hnb.hr>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:09:22 +0100

In article <79app7$8d9$1_at_news.megsinet.net>, fsong_at_megsinet.net says...
> I have two database one 8.x one is 7.x sitting on two diffrent NT box,
> database has same instance name. From 8.x instance I create a DB link to
> 7.x, but I can not make he onnection. Any idea why?
>
> FSONG_at_CSI.COM

You should have GLOBAL_NAMES parameter should be set to NO. Otherwise link name must be the same as connect string. I don't know if that will solve your problem, but for me it helped Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 03:09:22 CST