Re: About fragmentation ..?

From: Carl Bruhn <crb_at_dde.dk>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:04:00 +0100

The Oracle way is exp/imp.
There are 3-party software for defragmentation of Oracle databases. (http://www.platinum.com)
I find there is allways a hot debate between DBA's on when to defrag a database, and a lot of litterature has been written on the subject. I normally do a rebuild of indexes from time to time, which is far more faster, (and secure than exp-rebuild database-imp) You must remember that fragmentation comes in more flavors. table fragmentation / row fragmentation.
Maybe you only need to defrag a single table.

best regards.
Carl Bruhn
crb_at_dde.dk