Anyone encountered ORA-01093 during migraton from 734 to 805

From: Mike Mountjoy <michael_at_london.virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:13:04 -0000

Hi There,

I have a 734 instance running under solaris 2.6. I shutdown the database with the command "shutdown normal". No server processes are running and I then "
"mig" with no options set. mig issues the message "starting up database ..." then I get the error.

ORA-01093 : ALTER DATABASE CLOSE only permitted with no seesions connected.

The oracle 7 instance has all options installed.

Support are a bit puzzled. Obviously mig starts up the database and calculates
space estimates and tries to close the database again but fails.

Regrds,
Mike Mountjoy Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 12:13:04 CST