How to: Copy LONG field from one table to another

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:35:33 -0700

Good day,

I have two identical tables that I would like to make have the same data. I recall from school that one cannot create a table based on another table (CREATE...AS...) where the source table contains a LONG field. As a result, I tried to insert data in the second table using a sub query (INSERT...SELECT...) and discovered that I can't do that either.

How do I get the contents of one LONG field into an identical field in another table?

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst