Re: How to set global date format?

From: <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:16:01 GMT

In article <798re3$o67$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   mjain_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> You will have to change NLS_DATE_FOTMAT in the NT Registry.
> HKEY-LOCALMACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->ORACLE-->NLS_DATE_FORMAT
>
> Later you can check the value in the SQL_Plus session by
> doing a query on nls_session_parameters.
>
> You can use following query.
>
> select * from nls_session_parameters;
>
> This will list parameters effecting your session.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Manoj Jain
> Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA
> Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA
>
> In article <36B5FAF4.DE992A02_at_flash.net>,
> Pankaj Asundi <asundi_at_flash.net> wrote:
> > How do you set a global date format in Oracle 8.0.4.0 running on NT 4.0
> > service pack 3.0? I was told to edit the registry? Is that correct?
> > If it is what keys to change?
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > Pankaj Asundi
> >
> > asundi_at_flash.net

Actually if you are not on an NT system you probably want to set the init.ora paramerer: nls_date_format = "DD-MON-RR"

Also there are Unix environment variables for Forms 4.5+ that you can also set: NLS_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR FORMS45_USER_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR FORMS45_USER_DATETIME_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR HH24:MI:SS FORMS45_OUTPUT_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR FORMS45_OUTPUT_DATETIME_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR HH24:MI:SS FORMS45_ERROR_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR FORMS45_ERROR_DATETIME_FORMAT = DD-MON-RR HH24:MI:SS For NT you can probably set some or all of these in the registry. You may wish to use a different default but these are what we use. There is a white paper on the subject, but I do not have the number handy.

Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --