Re: Redhat 5.2 Linux Error &Oracle 8.0.5 - BUG in SQL*Loader

From: Mark Griffiths <mark.griffiths_at_greendown.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:01:15 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:09:11 -0000, "mark" <doutrem_at_greendown.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
> I've curently got a system running Redhat Linux 5.2 and Oracle 8.0.5.
>the database seems to be set up ok but when I try to load data into it I get
>the following:
>
>SQL*Loader-501: Unable to read file (/home/cdrin/import/loadfile.dat)
>Linux Error: 14: Bad address
>
>Any ideas anybody??
>
>Thanks
>
>Mark Doutre
>
>doutrem_at_greendown.demon.co.uk

This is a follow-up post to inform all users reading this newsgroup of a bug in SQL*Loader for Linux. There is a patch available which can be obtained from Oracle Support which involves the replacement of one element of the libcommon.a library and then re-linking SQL*Loader.

Instructions:
1) Download sllf.o file into a location other than $ORACLE_HOME/lib

   (as BINARY type)

2) cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
3) cp sqlldr sqlldr.010299
4) cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib
5) cp libcommon.a libcommon.a.010299
6) ar xv libcommon.a sllf.o
7) mv sllf.o sllf.o.010299
8) ar rv libcommon.a <location of new object>/sllf.o
9) cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib

10) make -f ins_rdbms.mk isqlldr

Any questions, please e-mail me and I can supply the necessary file.

Mark Griffiths   Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 08:01:15 CST