Checkpoint not complete.

From: Carl Bruhn <crb_at_dde.dk>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:29:07 +0100

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to figure out how to "read" the message 'checkpoint not complete' from within Oracle, without accessing the alter file.

In the alert file you can have messages like Checkpoint not complete
  Current log# 1 seq# 1909 mem# 0: /tmp/a Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 1910
  Current log# 2 seq# 1910 mem# 0: /tmp/b Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 1911 Checkpoint not complete
if your system is heavily loaded or you have to small logfiles.

Now i would like to read if this "error" occured, without reading in the alert file, but doing a select from one of Oracle v$views or the like. I made a small test and my best result was from the v$system_event where i found a line

EVENT                              TOTAL_WAITS      TOTAL_TIMEOUTS
TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
log file switch (checkpoint incomplete)       382          202
0            0

and looked fine until i found out that there had only been 87 checkpoint not complete in the alert log during the test.?.

Does anybody know of at view or table where i can see if there has been a checkpoint not complete in the alert log ?.

thanks in advance.
Carl Bruhn
crb_at_dde.dk Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 06:29:07 CST