Re: Database Sizing Estimation on Designer/2000

From: Iain McLaren <imclaren_at_clara.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:55:49 GMT

Ken,

> I saw there is the repository report in helping to get the
> database sizing estimation, but I don't know where to
> input the data volume size for each table. Appreciate
> for your help. many thanks.

You can enter the sizes via the Repository Object Navigator. Each table definition has attributes for number of rows and max. number of rows. Fill these in and then run the report. You also need to fill in estimates for avg. column width for variable width columns and percentage null for null fields (although Designer puts in default values for these).

You can also get to the row count attributes from the Data Design diagrams. It's on the first dialogue presented when you open up a table description.

Cheers,

Iain.

Iain McLaren
email: imclaren_at_clara.net