Net8 Problem

From: Chuck Bauer <C.Bauer_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 19:23:43 GMT

My former partner was the DBA, and left in the middle of working in Net8, so I still cannot get the Oracle client on a 95 workstation to talk to the Oracle server on NT. Even after reading, “Getting Started” three times, I still remain mostly clueless how to get SQLNET to a functional condition. TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA are identical on both machines. Testing the “connection” with Net8 from the server results in a connection. However, testing the connection from 95 returns:

     Connecting.... The test did not succeed.
     ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination.
     There may be an error in the fields entered or the
     server may not be ready for a connection. You can
     check the server and retry, or continue.

If anyone has a successful checklist you follow that works on the NT platform, please send it, along with any other recommendations to:
C.Bauer_at_worldnet.at.net
Thanks a million.
Chuck Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 13:23:43 CST