Re: Temp Tables

From: Wong Chi Chung <cswcc94_at_engsvr.ust.hk>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 17:44:36 GMT

John Becker (jbecker2_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Sorry up front for this question, if it appears stupid, but...

: I have a lot of experience with SQL Server, but am just starting with
: Oracle. In SQL Server, you can designate a table as temporary by prefacing
: the table name with a:
: # - meaning table's life span's the active connection, and is visible
: only to the active connection,
: - or -
: ## - meaning table's life span's the active connection, and is visible to
: all other active connections

: Is there anything similiar in Oracle? I have seen the the temporary
: tablespace designator, but it seems as though management of any objects
: created within is up to the user.

: Thanks in Advance,
: John