Re: (O8/NT) OEM & running jobs

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:17:01 -0800

Ken

Generally this message means the database is part way up i.e.. the instance is started but not mounted, or the database is mounted but not open, when the startup command is issued. You need to investigate why this is the case, and either:

  1. Shut it down properly before issuing the startup command
  2. If it should b part way up use the relevant alter database mount/open command.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA