Re: Import error

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:13:23 -0800

Increase the buffer size parameter. If you haven't specified it, you will be using the default (whatever that is). Check at the command prompt by doing imp73 help=y.

HTH Pete

bmolish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Our DBA is on vacation, I was doing an import from the command prompt using
> imp73.exe to an Oracle database 7.34 on an NT server, and recieved the
> following error when importing into the bitmap table
>
> IMP-00020 Long column too large for column buffer
> size.
>
> Where do I increase this at and what is the command
> to do this?
>
> Thanks any information would be appreciated.

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA