Default Timeout on Unavailable Resource?

From: Yang-Cheng Hsiao <hsiao_at_saturn.sdsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 99 17:15:35 GMT

Hi:

I am wondering if there is a default timeout in Oracle on unavailable resource? If yes, is the timeout period configurable and how?

If we have to let two tasks update the same tables, how do we prevent one of the task from waiting on the table forever if this table has been updated by another task but not yet committed?

I am looking forward to your advice. Please email me. Thanks!!

 -Yang-Cheng Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 11:15:35 CST