ODBC and Bequeath on NT with RDBMS 7.3.4.0.0

From: Allen Hulse CDP MCP <ahulse_at_serv.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:55:21 -0800

I have a new NT service to run on our call center production server running NT 3.51 and Oracle 7.3.4.0.0.
The service uses ODBC to connect to a Telephone switch with Oracle 7.3.2.0.0.
This works fine on a development server. but on the Production server the trace file shows that we are trying to connect with the Bequeath protocol and we get DrWatson dumps for a 16 bit ODBC driver. Sqlplus connects to the switch OK using the TNSNames entry and ODBC is configured to look for The TNSNames entry.

I am Guessing that The protocols installed on the Server are causing Multiple Protocol Interface to be used by ODBC (Oracle 2.5) because of a message in the trace file that TNSNAV.ORA could not be found and that that is invoking a new (Bequeath) pump.

Any thoughts, or things to check and try would be appreciated TIA. Allen
--
* A. Allen Hulse CDP MCP * * Network Administration * Oracle DBA * ahulse_at_serv.net or allen.hulse_at_premera.com Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 10:55:21 CST