How to reduce fragmentation in one TS?

From: Pierre-Yves Kerbiquet <pkerbiqu_at_capgemini.fr>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:23:45 +0100

Hello,

I am adding columns to a large table (billion of rows). I am afraid it creates fragmentation.
Can I reduce fragmentation by doing export/import of this table? Do I need to specify COMPRESS=Y when exporting data? Do you have a tip to view fragmentation in one TS?

Thank you for your help.

PYK Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 10:23:45 CST