Re: db file limitation

From: Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 07:44:40 -0500

In Oracle 7 the absolute limit is 255 files per tablespace and 1022 files per database. The parameter db_files in the init.ora file is a "false ceiling" the real number is set when you create the database within the "create database" statement. I believe the default is 20. The only way to increase that number is re-create the control file for the instance.

Kenny Gump
OCP 7.3 DBA