update by rowid over database link

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 10:57:16 GMT

Hai,

Is anybody aware that there might be problems when you issue an update over a database link using a rowid in the where-clause?

I received :

ORA-00376: file 256 cannot be read at this time
ORA-01110: data file 256: 'out of bounds, range = 1 to 30'
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from DB01
ORA-06512: at line 84

So I thought, maybe the program (PL/SQL) destroyed the rowid before issuing the update, but when I checked by replacing all updates by another select using the rowid, there were no problems. The rowid comes from a cursor-for-loop, some other fields in the record are being modified before to use them for the update. Could that in any way destroy the rowid's value?
--
Kind Regards,

Gerard Received on Tue Feb 02 1999 - 04:57:16 CST