Re: temporary tables in oracle

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 00:23:23 -0500

You can use PL/SQL tables, which are really more like sparse arrays. It should be in your PL/SQL book. These tables essentially stay in memory. The advantage over cursors here is when you need to refer to an entry in the table more than once. It is the closest thing to temp tables. A down side is that you cannot query PL/SQL tables. Upside is they are really tables, ie essentially unlimited storage.

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.