Re: lotus notes interface with oracle

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:22:58 +0000

Hi Both,
I'm in the middle of this myself on NT4/Oracle 8/Note 4.6.1 Basically, it's hard, but here's an outline - don't pull me up on semantics all, it's late and I'm just trying to help quickly...

1> Get the notes C++ API from www.lotus-developer.com I think it is.
2> Write a C function to send the mail using the API.
3> Create an external procedure to pl/sql and "link" the C func

   so it may be called from plsql like any other function.

Note: the "from" user ie: the account sending the email will be the one defined on the pc, you are not allowed to spoof it for security reasons.

This is a low priority job for me at the moment, so I haven't completed it yet, hope this helps though.

Steve
P.S
Opinion: This is far too hard oracle, you should look to providing procedures for this, so many people want it and can't afford the development overheads.
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 17:22:58 CST