Re: Disabling indexes during data import

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:11:47 -0700

The only problem that I can see is that I'm using Paradox 7 as my front end and it is really picky about index order in its datamodels. Well, I'll have to see, won't I.

BTINet News wrote:

> You could approach this problem in ways:
> 1. Drop all the existing tables and import the production data
> 2. Drop all the indexes and then run the import
>
> In either case, you probably don't want the indexes on your tables when you
> run the import. The indexes and triggers will get re-built _after_ the data
> is imported.

Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst
krachyn_at_cadvision.com
<http://www.cadvision.com/krachyn>
ICQ: 3113514 Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 17:11:47 CST