Re: ORA-03113

From: ejmcgovern <ejmcgovern_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 20:25:13 GMT

i agree... there can be many reasons for an end-of-file-on-communications error like the one i had on DEC UNIX 8.0.4 and a patch set was need to fix the problem 8.0.4.3 for ALPHA OSF..the problem was with SQLLDR and getting bad records dumped out to the .BAD file on the server when the error would pop up on the first .BAD record and the SQLLDR exe was dropped...the probelm...the 8.0.4 version had a bug in the SQLLDR program so it could not right out a .BAD record to the .BAD file if the byte size of the record was longer than 200....a nice one huh....but i would call oracle support and keep the dumps and trc files handy....