Re: SQLLDR performance? (Solved/Update)

From: Greg Gershowitz <gregg_at_computex.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:50:39 -0500

Thanks to all who mailed me and responeded here. Here's the distilled solution:

  1. Use direct=y in the sqlldr command line. I can use this becuase I don't care about indexes or constraints or much of anything else during this data loading.
  2. I was advised to put OPTIONS (DIRECT = TRUE, ERRORS = 0) UNRECOVERABLE into my control file, but I didn't try it.
  3. I was advised to set the database to NOARCHIVELOG, but I'm already in that mode.

My load time has been reduced from 6 hours to around 2, which is quite satifactory.

Thanks, all.

-Greg G Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 13:50:39 CST