sqlplus hangs on connections to oracle7

From: John Wang <john.wang_at_teligent.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:26:36 -0500

Hi, All:

    I have 2 SUN machines that is running Oracle805. When I try to connect to a Oracle734 database on a HP server using sqlplus, sqlplus just hangs. You see the version and copyright message, that is it. That HP server has both oracle734 and oracle805. I can use sqlplus to connect to the Oracle805 database on that HP server with no problems. However, I have another SUN machine running Oracle client, on that machine, I am able to connect to the HP Oracle734 database. So, I tarred the oracle_home directory on that SUN oracle client and untarred on this SUN server. Sqlplus still hangs. Now, I am at a loss. I called Oracle support. I guess they are still working on it. I am just wondering if any of you have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

John Wang. Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 10:26:36 CST