PersOracle8 & 16-bit ODBC

From: <davidbrown6000_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:11:05 GMT

I installed 30-day trial version of Personal Oracle8 on a WinNT 4.0 (workstation) machine. I was able to connect to the local starter database via both Oracle Navigator as well as from a Visual Basic 5.0 app using the Oracle ODBC driver. So far so good. Now for the problem...

The VB app that connects fine will be built to operate on a database that is currently accessed from another VB app, but this other app is a 16-bit VB3 app using Intersolv 16-bit ODBC drivers for Oracle to connect to the database.

How can I get this 16-bit app to connect to the PO8 local starter database via its 16-bit Intersolv ODBC driver, and still be able to connect to the same database from my new VB5 32-bit app using the Oracle driver?

I tried installing SQLNet2.x and all three Required Support Files 7.x on the Oracle trialware and not only did it not fix anything, it broke my connection that had worked fine before from Oracle Navigator, et. al. When I uninstalled SQLNet and RSF 7.x stuff, I was right back where I started.

Any suggestions on getting the 16-bit Intersolv ODBC connection to work without breaking the 32-bit Oracle ODBC driver connection to PO8 would be greatly appreciated.