Re: Transparent Gateway - performance problem

From: <bdg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:16:19 GMT

A little more information . . .

From Transparent Gateway logs, it appears that the first query (select 1) is received by the TG in much the same format as it appears. The second query (select sysdate) is altered from its original format. The incoming and outgoing parses select only from the coverage table and do not use the key value (10). The coverage table has more than 3.5 million records. I assume that if this query ever completed, there would be a second associated query of the vt_state table.

It appears to be a problem with the Oracle optimizer not efficiently accessing the remote database. Any recommendations for correcting this.

Brian Gastineau

"select 1" Incoming Parse SELECT 1 FROM "VT_STATE" A2,"COVERAGE" A1 WHERE A2."state_cd"=A1."cov_st" AND A1."sys_assign_nbr_id"='10'

"select sysdate"
Incoming Parse SELECT "sys_assign_nbr_id","cov_st" FROM "COVERAGE"