Processes and shared memory

From: <joakimh_at_hem.passagen.se>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:59:18 GMT

Hi,

we a have a application that needs processes be set to 10000, but I can only set it to 9550 other wise I got an Oracle error,

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected to an idle instance.
SVRMGR> startup
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 16949520 bytes of shared memory ("unknown object","sga heap","sessions")
SVRMGR> which tells me to increase shared_pool_size and I have tried that but without success

We are running Soalris 2.5.1 and Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 our parameters in /etc/system are,

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2147483648
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200

Anyone have any experience with that many processes that can help ?.

Regards,
Joakim Hartikainen
Föreningssparbanken