problem with dbshut/dbstart?

From: Bruce <bruce.spedding_at_dia.govt.nz>
Date: 1 Feb 1999 00:06:48 GMT

Newbie to Oracle
Running Oracle 7.2.2.3 (but don't think that's important) on Sequent box with Dynix/ptx, shut down of database tends to corrupt it. Looking at the dbshut script I see that it uses the command shutdown without the "immediate" which says to me that if there's someone (or app) logged in then the database will not shutdown, and will subsequently crash. It seems to me that the script should use shutdown immediate, can anyone support/refute this? The same script appears in 7.2.2.3, 7.3.2 and 7.3.3 tia
Bruce
--
any opinions expressed are my own
website: http://www.winzurf.co.nz