Re: Newbie: info needed on benefits/pitfalls of use of MTS on NT 4.0

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:53:29 +0000

David,

On comment would be to upgrade to NT Enterprise Edition if you want to take advantage of that extra memory .NT standard will only you the user 2Gb, enterprise will give you 3Gb. We run with 3128Mb on NT Enterprise.

Pitfall with MTS is that DBMS_DEBUG can't attached to sessions, it needs a dedicated server.

Just remember that your listener is your single point of failure, might be worth trying multiple listener processes on different ports ?

Chris.