Newbie: info needed on benefits/pitfalls of use of MTS on NT 4.0

From: DSmith <dsmith2005_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 09:48:18 -0500

All,

I am now interested in the potential of MTS. I have an Oracle 8.0.4 instance on an NT box w/4 CPUs and 1 GB of RAM (soon to be 4 GB of RAM). If I simply add the following parameters to my initxxx.ora can I expect faster response times and/or the capacity to support a greater number of concurrent users via OWS21? What might some of the pitfalls be? What might some of the performance measurement criteria be?

mts_dispatchers = "tcp,10"
mts_max_dispatchers = 10
mts_servers = 10
mts_max_servers = 100
mts_service = ORCL
mts_listener_address =

"(address=(protocol=tcp)(port=1526)(host=mycomputer))"

As you can see from my previous posts, I have been drafted into DBA service. As always any help would be appreciated.

--David Smith
dsmith_at_hpti.com Received on Sun Jan 31 1999 - 08:48:18 CST