Re: Specify a rollback segment to use in a remote database

From: <kvsraju_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:31:31 GMT

In article <78o3ou$1n4_at_enews4.newsguy.com>,   "Tansel Ozkan" <tansel_at_openix.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a procedure that updates a table in a remote database.
> However, when I run it, I am getting the max rollback segments reached
> error message. So, my question is: Is there a way to specify which
> rollback segment to use before a distributued update statement similar
> to doing it locally as follows:
>
> SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT big_rollback;
>
> Thanks..
>
> Tansel
>
> Hi,

This is k.v.s.raju from INDIA . When you are updating your remote table oracle uses only remote rollback segment But not the local rollback segment .So there is no way u can specify the rollbak segment name.Please consult your remote database ADMINISTRATOR and ask him to increase more rollback segments in the remote database.

regards
for more queries please mail to
kvsraju_at_usa.net
or