Re: 2 Instances (URGENT!!)

From: NHou <nhou_at_aol.com>
Date: 30 Jan 1999 20:11:03 GMT

Naveen,

I was thinking about same question this morning. I would like to share what I know with you.

Basically, you can create another initSID.ora file with different SID. You also need to specify a database with datafiles in the different location from your existing database in the first instance. When you want to start second instance, change your ORACLE_SID to the new SID your created and run startup nomount. The second instance should be up. Then you can create database or whatever you want to do.

This is just a thought and it worked in Informix database. I would like to try it on Oracle. If you have different thoughts, we can share each other. My email address is tony.yang_at_conexant.com and nhou_at_aol.com. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tony Received on Sat Jan 30 1999 - 14:11:03 CST