Re: lost glogin.sql environment after reconnect

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:13:56 GMT

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:12:52 GMT, ewong74_at_netscape.net wrote:

>I have some startup environments in $oracle_home/805/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql
>like 'set serveroutput on'. The environments startup successfully once I
>logon to sqlplus. However, the environments lost after I connect to other
>user within sqlplus: connect user2/user2.
>
>Is there anyway to deal with this?

I myself use a script which I called "conn.sql". It is located somewhere where SQLPLUS can find it by default (like in $SQLPATH) and it contains only two lines:

CONNECT &1
@glogin.sql

In sqlplus insted of using command "connect un/pwd_at_connect_string", I use the call "@conn un/pwd_at_connect_string". Thus I always have my same own sqlplus environment set up, no matter which user I'm connected to.

>Thanx!
>
>Ed

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sat Jan 30 1999 - 13:13:56 CST