Disappearing Oracle Start Service

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:43:05 -0500

    Late today I created a small test database on an NT server. First I set the Oracle_Sid = Test in a Dos Box. Then I ran two commands: path\ORADIM73 -NEW -SID TEST -INTPWD XXX -MAXUSERS 25 path\ORADIM73 -STARTUP -SID TEST -USRPWD XXX -STARTTYPE SRVC to start the create the new Oracle services and to start them.

    I created the database and ran the post-creation scripts. In SVRMGR I can connect to Test and open it and stop it. If I look at the GUI version of ORADIM73 I can see the two new services created and started. BUT when I look at the NT control panel/services I see only the Oracle Service listed and running. The Oracle Start Service is not listed even though I can see it in ORADIM73.

    Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks,

Van Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 20:43:05 CST