Dropping Tables - Slow Performance

From: Jeanne <jcman_at_SPAMMEBABY.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 30 Jan 1999 02:29:44 GMT

    I am running scripts that drop numerous tables in a database for a software upgrade. It is taking up to a minute just to drop a table. Our DBA just shrugs and goes and gets coffee. None of the tables has any constraints, other than explicitly created indexes, and we don't maintain histograms.

    Anyone have any ideas on where I could look? Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 20:29:44 CST