Re: Security & deletable users

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:13:21 +0100

Hi John,

DBSNMP should not be deleted if you want to use Oracle Enterprise Manager. There is a script in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin to drop it (something like snmpdrp)
SYS is the owner of the datadictionary, definitely not to be deleted. SYSTEM is the owner of many repositories and should not be deleted SCOTT is the Oracle provided demo user. It takes very little space, and I shouldn't delete it.
The other users I don't know.
Questions like this indicate you are indeed a newbie. I won't repeat that four letter abbreviation, but you are well advised to do it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA