Re: sqlplus small doubt

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_safeaccess.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:57:03 GMT

So why are CONNECT, RESOURCE, and DBA roles all obsolete on Oracle 7? Without CONNECT, a user can't connect to the database.

The only time I don't grant CONNECT to a user is if that's the user the owns the applications tables. I only occasionally give that user connect privileges if I need to do maintenance. Like grant access to his tables to a new role or user. Then I revoke it as soon as I'm done.

        Chuck

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_safeaccess.net

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself! Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 09:57:03 CST