SQL*Plus - force TTitle to print regardless of query

From: <chrisoc_at_ans.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:34:58 GMT

I'm trying to combine a series of 4 queries into a goodlooking report. Before each new query I turn the ttitle off and then redefine one that relates to what I'm going to select next.

All is well if the queries return rows but if they don't, there's just a "no rows returned" in a bunch of white space. If I issue a fake query to dual using noprint, that forces the TTitle but I can end up with two TTitles if the "real" query also returns rows.

There must be a technique I'm missing, here.

Even if no rows are returned, I'd still like the Ttitle printed, so the reader will know what was being sought and not found.

The SQL*Plus level I have is 8.0.4.0.0