Re: Moving objects to a different tablespace using imp/exp

From: Peter Lang <peter.lang_at_jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:26:21 +0100

Hi Steve!

  1. Export the data of all objects you want to move to the new tablespace.
  2. Drop SCOTT's objects located in the SYSTEM tablespace.
  3. Recreate the objects in the new tablespace. If you don't have SQL-scripts for creating the objects you can use imp scott/tiger indexfile=filename.sql. This will create a SQL script which contains the create table statements. Simple modify this script and run it.
  4. Import the data in the precreated objects. imp scott/tiger ignore=y

Hope that helps,
Peter

Peter Lang
mailto: peter.lang_at_jk.uni-linz.ac.at