Re: Is there a way to connect to a user that password is unknow ?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:44:19 -0500

Here's a way but you take your chances.

Copy the encrypted user password to notepad. Alter user change the password
Do your work
Do this command

    Alter user USERNAM identified by values 'paste back the encrypted password';

In particular note the single quotes around the pasted in password and the keyword values.

Van

Or for a more proper way search this site and find Thomas Kyte's reply to a query of mine last week. How shows a workaround that is more complicated but a lot safer.