Re: Is there a way to connect to a user that password is unknow ?

From: <esiyuri_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:46:58 GMT

In article <78p2t4$j61$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   yewpc_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hi,

> I would like to temporary connect to a user that I don't
> know the password. Is there a way to do that ?
I'm sure this is in the FAQ, but here you go anyway:

You need access to the DBA_USERS table, and the ALTER USER priv...

SQL> select PASSWORD from dba_users where USERNAME='SCOTT';

PASSWORD

57F5B9B64277D8F6

SQL> alter user SCOTT identified by temp_passwd;

SQL> connect SCOTT/temp_passwd

SQL> alter user SCOTT identified by values '57F5B9B64277D8F6';

Now you are logged in as that SCOTT. You never knew his password. He can still log in because you have set the password back.

Regards
Yuri McPhedran