Static recordset is updatable!

From: Adrian Harrison <adrianh_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:43:30 GMT

I sorry if this is in the wrong newsgroup but as this is an Oracle specifc group hopefully some can help!

I'm using VB6 Enterprise, True DBGrid 5 (ADO), ADO 2, ODBC (through OLEDB) & Oracle 7.3 to develop an applicatrion

For some strange reason I have to open a recordset as adOpenStatic & adLockOptimistic locking to get an updateable resultset

I.E - rs(0).Open SQL$, gConn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

If I use adOpenKeyset it becomes read only!

Surely it should be the other way around!

Any Ideas

Thanks

Adrian Harrison Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 10:43:30 CST