Oracle ODBC DAO error with Views

From: Mike J McCall <mjmccall_at_west.raytheon.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:30:12 GMT

I am trying to connect a MS C++ application to an Oracle 8.0.5 RDBMS via ODBC. The environment is Windows NT 4.0 with SP 3, and I have used MS ODBC Driver for Oracle versions 2.00.006325 and 2.73.7283.1. When I connect the MS C++ application to Oracle employing a username (call it UserA) that owns the tables of interest there is no problem. If, however, I employ an Oracle username (call it UserB) that uses a View (or synonym) to access tables owned by UserA, I get a bizarre DAO error 2146825210 and my application does not start.

Anybody have any ideas about this error ? I have tried to grant all the appropriate rights to UserB, and have no problem accessing UserA's tables from the UserB account in SQL*Plus.

Software Developer from the Past