Re: Oracle 8 SQL*Loader Bug?

From: Larry Reid <lcreid_at_^^^^^^web.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:28:48 -0800

The message you report almost always means the last line of the file hgm_select.dat doesn't have an end of line character (ASCII linefeed, aka newline, aka '\n'). vi puts one at the end of the file if you open a file without an end of line on the last line.

Do an ls -l (I assume you're on Unix) before and after opening and closing the file in vi and see if the file is one character bigger after.

This doesn't explain why the checksum was the same before and after.

Larry Reid                             lcreid@^web.net (remove the ^)