Re: Multiple Schemas vs. Multiple Instances

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:57:35 +0000

This seems good (and yes, I will contact Oracle support) but we need a bit more.

Why can't default settings like this be attached to a userid, or better still, can you force a script to run when an ID logs on so these can be set manually? The problem is I have no wish to embed this code in my app. I shouldn't need to. This also applies to other session parameters like setting sql trace on. I know one can set the trace on for an active session but sometimes the session is in and out before you get a chance. Other times you have a pool of sessions and your not sure which one the app will use. Also it may not be your code to allow the alter session to be embedded.

A PL/SQL script that executes at logon time would be great and would solve these problems and others without changing the alter user command.

Of course if we can do this now or soon then, please, someone enlighten me.