Re: Renaming a column

From: Dennis <d.mariano_at_cltic.com>
Date: 1999/01/27

I know in Oracle 7 you can change the datatype but not the column name which is completely the opposite in SQL server.

As suggested, use the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT in Oracle and SELECT * INTO .. FROM in SQL Server and drop and recreate the table. Also, don't forget the FK constraints that you need to handle if FK exists.

Hope this helps.

Dennis