Re: Problem with ProC CGI on Linux/Apache server

From: St Erroneous <Xishamael_at_goliath.mersinet.co.ukX>
Date: 27 Jan 1999 22:36:47 -0000

Charles <cummings_at_gate.net> seems to have written: [CGI using Oracle Pro*C on RH 5.2/Apache]
>when I invoke the Oracle cgi from a browser connection I get the
>following message in the browser:
>
>"Internal Server Error
>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>unable to complete your request.
>Please contact the server administrator, sysadmin_at_www.giantsteps.net and
>inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
>done that
>may have caused the error."
>
>I've don't think that the program actually starts to execute, so I
>believe the problem is in loading, i.e. finding libraries, file
>permissions and ownership, etc.. Can anyone tell me what I may be
>overlooking?

That sounds like the generic page Apache return when it gets an error spawning the CGI or badly mangled headers back from the CGI process.

You should examine the contents of the Apache error_log which will contain the std-error output from your CGI programme (I think), and use that to start your debug process.

Popping a "tail -f /var/apache/error_log" into an xterm makes writing CGIs so much simpler... :)

>please email me directly or copy to me at cummings_at_gate.net.

No, sorry.

-michael
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous http://goliath.mersinet.co.uk/~ishamael/ "This message was brought to you by three Linux boxen, 768Mb RAM, 51Gb  disc space and one Oracle dba with no life. Expecting sense in such a  circumstance was woefully optimistic." Received on Wed Jan 27 1999 - 16:36:47 CST